The modular suit is completely waterproof with a water tight hood, integrated gloves, and attached boots. The flotation and insulation performance of a zip-in buoyancy liner allows users to immerse themselves for long periods of time in icy cold water and maintain mental and physical capabilities. Updated liner with zipper and velcro attachments allow easier removal for cleaning and repair.
Each Ice Commander™ has an integrated chest harness for attachment to tether lines, ice awl pockets for storage, rubber gloves, reinforced knees and non-slip rubber soles on the attached boots. As well, each suit is 45% lighter than other rescue suits as it is made in a high visibility welded nylon shell.
Ice and water rescues are inherently dangerous and should only be performed by professionals who have the appropriate training and the appropriate equipment for performing these missions.
The Ice Commander is intended for ice and still/static cold water rescues only by trained professionals with the required and approved operating standards and requirements of their state or county.
- Water-tight hood and face seal
- SOLAS reflective tape and Velcro™ patch for light attachment
- Heavy duty zipper – flexible full-length zipper provides a water-tight seal
- Welded nylon outer shell – provides waterproofing and durability
- High performance urethane-coated nylon exterior makes cleaning and repairs easier
- Safety harness – integral self-adjusting safety harness
- Ergonomic ice awl pockets – sleeve pockets customized to attach and stow ice awls
- Pockets easily secured with Velcro™ (ice awls not included)
- Detachable inner buoyancy liner – constructed of closed-cell AirSoft™ foam for maximum flotation and thermal insulation (Replacement Liner MA2282 03)
- Liner can be unzipped and removed for cleaning and in-the-field repairs
- Note: IC9001 03 is not compatible with the MA2282 02 Replacement Liner
- Reinforced knees – reinforced and padded with 2.5 mm neoprene
- Seat and elbows are reinforced with shell fabric