PROP ENABLED EXTINGUISHER TRAINING
The I.T.S. Xtreme utilizes the same patented flame response technology as the original I.T.S. This technology senses where the trainee aims and sweeps the compressed air and water SmartExtinguisher® and varies the flames automatically in response.
In addition to all of the features of the Intelligent Training System, the I.T.S. Xtreme is also prop-enabled. Using a Trashcan, Stove-top, Paint Locker or Electric Motor Prop, trainees experience the flame behavior of everyday items and learn the proper method to extinguish them.
Class A, B or C fires can be selected at four different difficulty levels to further challenge trainees. And because the I.T.S. Xtreme utilizes clean burning propane and compressed air/water training extinguishers, there is no added cost or clean-up that would typically be associated with using dry-chemical or CO2 extinguishers.
Provide countless training scenarios with the I.T.S. Xtreme Fire Extinguisher Training System.
- Class A – Trash Can Prop – Flames grow gradually and increase in intensity from the trash can prop. While maintaining a safe distance trainees must aim properly, ensuring the proper application of the SmartExtinguisher to put out the flames.
- Class B – Stove Top Prop – Flames erupt from the pan, as well as the burner surface, simulating a stove top grease fire. Trainees must maintain a safe distance and apply the SmartExtinguisher to both the pot and burner to successfully extinguish the flames.
- Class B – Paint Locker Prop – Flames grow to engulf the shelves and paint cans in this Class B fire prop. Trainees must aim and sweep the SmartExtinguisher across the entire prop, but focus on the lower shelf where the fire is most intense to put out this fire.
- Class C – Electric Motor Prop – Fire initially sparks within the motor casing before extending beyond the appliance, simulating an electrically charged motor fire. Trainees must aim and sweep, coating the entire device to extinguish the fire.
- Use the handheld controller to select the class of fire to demonstrate (A, B, or C) as well as one of four difficulty levels.
- When props are used, select the specific prop with the controller as well. Once set, the instructor presses and holds the ignition button and then it’s up to the trainee to actually extinguish the flames.
- The fire goes out when the trainee uses the proper sweeping technique.
- If the trainee is unsuccessful, the fire can be extinguished by releasing the ignition button.
- The flare up button can be used to instantly reignite the flames at any point, to further challenge trainees.
- The display on the controller shows the status of the system and how long the trainee took to put out the fire, or if the fire has even been extinguished.
- Safety features include an emergency shut off switch and tilt sensors that automatically shut-off the propane if the system is bumped or set-up improperly.
HOW IT WORKS
The I.T.S. Xtreme Live-Fire Fire Extinguisher Training System utilizes patented sensor technology to detect how well a trainee uses the BullEx SmartExtinguisher training extinguisher. The I.T.S. Xtreme System can sense if the user is properly aiming and sweeping the nozzle of the extinguisher at the base of the fire.
The four sensors on the I.T.S. Xtreme unit detect the compressed air and water discharged from the SmartExtinguisher. The on-board control system then varies the flames in response.
To successfully extinguish the fire, the trainee must aim and sweep the extinguisher across the base of the fire. If the trainee aims just below, or just above the base, the flames will go down, but will not extinguish. If the trainee only aims at one side of the fire, that side will be extinguished while the other side continues to grow.
When using any of the optional props, the system detects which prop is being used, and alters the flame’s behavior in response to the extinguisher to create a more realistic experience.